• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2013 - Max Martin Working With Backstreet Boys!

Started by gm33, July 18, 2012, 03:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Khan9898

turnaround

Thanks. AJ sounds a bit flat in the soundcheck, but that's why you try this.

The harmonies are beautiful.

For me it has the "IWTW" mood.

I'm not an expert, but this has a keychange, hasn't it?
And I liked it..

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on June 17, 2013, 05:41:29 PM
Thanks. AJ sounds a bit flat in the soundcheck, but that's why you try this.

The harmonies are beautiful.

For me it has the "IWTW" mood.

I'm not an expert, but this has a keychange, hasn't it?

Haha I was watching this the other day, it has a few funny moments. Yeah AJ starts off a bit flat, if you keep an eye on Nick, you can see his funny initial reaction, then he does the whole tuning the guitar thing to AJ to make fun of him. Howie singing "and now Nick's free balling" was the best bit though.

Na there's no key change in this, but I'm genuinely interested to know what gives you that impression. :) I grew up learning to play, so it's hard to know how non musical people hear things. I'm guessing the bit after Howie's part is where you're hearing it?

turnaround

It's at 2:45 somehow I thought this might be a different key, but when the normal chorus is on again I hear it is the same key.

Its should have a counter melody lol, but who am I to complain.
And I liked it..

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on June 17, 2013, 07:16:02 PM
It's at 2:45 somehow I thought this might be a different key, but when the normal chorus is on again I hear it is the same key.

Yeah if they were to do a key change, it's right at that spot Max would normally place it, like in "Shape Of My Heart", so I think that's what creates the illusion for you. Especially given that they've used the good old drum hit right at that moment too, and then AJ goes into his improv style vocal, it's all familiar territory and you expect the key change to go along with it.

Khan9898

The single will premiere on z100 tomorrow in New York at 7 pm Eastern Standard Time!

Feelgoodlies

Guys did you notice he  re-used that Cheiron "popping bottle" sound he used to do a lot?
https://soundcloud.com/mybackstreet/backstreet-boys-in-a-world It can be heard in the 25th second mark.

If you didnt know it, he used it in Britney's Oops (in the 22nd mark)

Khan9898

Since its Kristian and Max that did the song together, its not surprising to hear old signature sounds.

To me the song is a combination of I Want It That Way, Answer To Our Lives, I Got You, and Bigger

B Steady

Quote from: Khan9898 on June 17, 2013, 09:52:39 PM
Since its Kristian and Max that did the song together, its not surprising to hear old signature sounds.

To me the song is a combination of I Want It That Way, Answer To Our Lives, I Got You, and Bigger

Don't you forget One Direction's "I Wish" in this combination!!!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Quote from: Khan9898 on June 17, 2013, 09:29:53 PM
The single will premiere on z100 tomorrow in New York at 7 pm Eastern Standard Time!
YAY

Thanks for explanation Joshua.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on June 17, 2013, 09:43:38 PM
Guys did you notice he  re-used that Cheiron "popping bottle" sound he used to do a lot?
https://soundcloud.com/mybackstreet/backstreet-boys-in-a-world It can be heard in the 25th second mark.

If you didnt know it, he used it in Britney's Oops (in the 22nd mark)

lol of course we did, do you call it just by yourself "popping bottle" or where from do you have this name? And if it comes to examples, you could've named like 20 songs :D
Vila i frid Dag

Khan9898

Finally a 1 minute 30 sec studio clip! Thanks to Emma on TheDarkSide forum for finding this https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/in-a-world-like-this-single/id662916006

You have to open it up in iTunes and have the settings to the UK to hear 1:30 clip otherwise it'll be a 30 sec clip.

B Steady

Hmmm, sounds a bit too dry in my opinion :/
Vila i frid Dag

Out

Verses are very Cheiron to me! I'm not sold on the first listen but looking forward to get their new album.