• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2013 - Max Martin Working With Backstreet Boys!

Started by gm33, July 18, 2012, 03:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khan9898

This is my review of meeting them and asking some cool Max/Rami, and other music related questions. I posted this on TheDarkSide forum as well.

I went to the Long Island show last night at the Nikon Theatre in Jones Beach. We were told to arrive by no later than 3:15 to pick up our tickets will call. There were a couple lines, one for Jesse's VIP, and one for BSB's VIP. Live Nation's VIP was supposedly later that afternoon but no one had any idea where to go and what line to initially stand on until about after 4.

Once inside the venue, all the VIP's were split based on the level you purchased. My line being platinum, we were the shortest as well as the first group to go in and stand right by the stage. After 15 minutes Kevin was the first to come out, then AJ, Howie, Brian, and Nick. They first sang Madeline on the back stage away from us cause they were playing instruments, I believe 10,000 promises was also done back there. AJ was the first to come up near us and say the rest of the guys were lazy i forget if they sang QPG or not but they were positioning themselves for Permanent Stain.

Then came the QA portion of the soundcheck. One fan asked why we don't get more than 12 songs and they said it came down to royalties and $$. Kevin mentioned them having a couple projects in the near future and to have an eye out, one of them being a acapella album. Brian was right above me and I asked how expensive is Max and he started thinking and I said half a million, he responded $250,000. Then I asked if Rami was cheaper and he said yeah but he's all big all of a sudden with 1D.

I forget the rest of the questions but right when Justin and AJ were about to end the QA Kevin pointed to me and said this dude's had his hand raised, thanks Kevin! I asked about why they went into the genre of music they did for Dirty Little Secrets and Kevin was like what? And then i started naming Jermaine Dupre, Billy Mann, Billy Steinberg, and he was like ohhhh that album. He said they wanted to go back to how they sounded on the first album and they also worked with Soulshock and Karlin as well as The Underdogs. They all wanted the music to be released but the label thought it was too urban and scrapped it. I then asked how they went from that recording process to recording 70's/80 covers to rnb to what actually Never Gone became. The covers were tests and not actually meant to have a whole album worth of them. Nick said Kevin hated Rumors, Best Of My Love was a great song.

Brian was like are you a reporter and everyone laughed and Kevin was like he knows his stuff.
After that it was time for pictures, Platinum was last to go. 1 girl infront of me wanted to take a pic of her friend and the security guard was like nope can't do that and was blocking her and Kevin was like can you guys fucking relax please its a picture. The guy was a tall jacked white dude with a hat on, I didn't see him backstage after that at all.

The guy infront of me got hugs but I think cause of my size Brian, Kevin, Nick, and AJ all gave me slaps (bro slaps). I asked them if it was possible for fans to donate money the same way they did for Nick's movie for the guys to help get back unreleased music. Kevin said you can find those songs on Youtube but I was like nah nah I'm talking about Dirty Little Secret songs, The Rain  (Brian, Kevin, Nick, and Max song), Say The Word (Kevin acknowledged it), and the Jazzy Pha song (Nick smirked). I quickly went in for a pic and AJ was like that's a fucking awesome idea and someone something about fans not asking about it. I said why wait until the label releases it if we have the money. Right before I left I put my hand on Howie's shoulder and said to call Rami on the next album and AJ/Nick both said yup and looked at Howie with a funny stare.

The green room was a tent where you can hang out until the concert started, absolutely nothing special in it. Pauly D started around 7:15 and went until about 8. His set was really good, I'd def go see him in a one off appearance. When Jesse came on it was like most of the people at the venue was there for him, the crowd went nuts. He killed his performance, he can really sing and deserves to be played on radio too.

BSB came on around 9 with The Call, seeing them live was awesome. I'd have to say Brian's voice both at the souncheck and at the concert was better than usual. Sometimes he was just terrific and sometimes I was scratching my head. During Breathe all the Platinum's went backstage to get ready for the acoustic set. I sat right at the edge of the risers, infront of the entire crowd which was really cool. After that the concert went on and they killed it with In A World Like This, IWITW, Everybody, and LTL.

I'd love to meet them again but I'm not sure if I would do it for $600, hopefully they do smaller venues which means less expensive meet and greets.

Raul_esp

Quote from: Khan9898 on August 15, 2013, 09:24:42 PM
This is my review of meeting them and asking some cool Max/Rami, and other music related questions. I posted this on TheDarkSide forum as well.

I went to the Long Island show last night at the Nikon Theatre in Jones Beach. We were told to arrive by no later than 3:15 to pick up our tickets will call. There were a couple lines, one for Jesse's VIP, and one for BSB's VIP. Live Nation's VIP was supposedly later that afternoon but no one had any idea where to go and what line to initially stand on until about after 4.

Once inside the venue, all the VIP's were split based on the level you purchased. My line being platinum, we were the shortest as well as the first group to go in and stand right by the stage. After 15 minutes Kevin was the first to come out, then AJ, Howie, Brian, and Nick. They first sang Madeline on the back stage away from us cause they were playing instruments, I believe 10,000 promises was also done back there. AJ was the first to come up near us and say the rest of the guys were lazy i forget if they sang QPG or not but they were positioning themselves for Permanent Stain.

Then came the QA portion of the soundcheck. One fan asked why we don't get more than 12 songs and they said it came down to royalties and $$. Kevin mentioned them having a couple projects in the near future and to have an eye out, one of them being a acapella album. Brian was right above me and I asked how expensive is Max and he started thinking and I said half a million, he responded $250,000. Then I asked if Rami was cheaper and he said yeah but he's all big all of a sudden with 1D.

I forget the rest of the questions but right when Justin and AJ were about to end the QA Kevin pointed to me and said this dude's had his hand raised, thanks Kevin! I asked about why they went into the genre of music they did for Dirty Little Secrets and Kevin was like what? And then i started naming Jermaine Dupre, Billy Mann, Billy Steinberg, and he was like ohhhh that album. He said they wanted to go back to how they sounded on the first album and they also worked with Soulshock and Karlin as well as The Underdogs. They all wanted the music to be released but the label thought it was too urban and scrapped it. I then asked how they went from that recording process to recording 70's/80 covers to rnb to what actually Never Gone became. The covers were tests and not actually meant to have a whole album worth of them. Nick said Kevin hated Rumors, Best Of My Love was a great song.

Brian was like are you a reporter and everyone laughed and Kevin was like he knows his stuff.
After that it was time for pictures, Platinum was last to go. 1 girl infront of me wanted to take a pic of her friend and the security guard was like nope can't do that and was blocking her and Kevin was like can you guys fucking relax please its a picture. The guy was a tall jacked white dude with a hat on, I didn't see him backstage after that at all.

The guy infront of me got hugs but I think cause of my size Brian, Kevin, Nick, and AJ all gave me slaps (bro slaps). I asked them if it was possible for fans to donate money the same way they did for Nick's movie for the guys to help get back unreleased music. Kevin said you can find those songs on Youtube but I was like nah nah I'm talking about Dirty Little Secret songs, The Rain  (Brian, Kevin, Nick, and Max song), Say The Word (Kevin acknowledged it), and the Jazzy Pha song (Nick smirked). I quickly went in for a pic and AJ was like that's a fucking awesome idea and someone something about fans not asking about it. I said why wait until the label releases it if we have the money. Right before I left I put my hand on Howie's shoulder and said to call Rami on the next album and AJ/Nick both said yup and looked at Howie with a funny stare.

The green room was a tent where you can hang out until the concert started, absolutely nothing special in it. Pauly D started around 7:15 and went until about 8. His set was really good, I'd def go see him in a one off appearance. When Jesse came on it was like most of the people at the venue was there for him, the crowd went nuts. He killed his performance, he can really sing and deserves to be played on radio too.

BSB came on around 9 with The Call, seeing them live was awesome. I'd have to say Brian's voice both at the souncheck and at the concert was better than usual. Sometimes he was just terrific and sometimes I was scratching my head. During Breathe all the Platinum's went backstage to get ready for the acoustic set. I sat right at the edge of the risers, infront of the entire crowd which was really cool. After that the concert went on and they killed it with In A World Like This, IWITW, Everybody, and LTL.

I'd love to meet them again but I'm not sure if I would do it for $600, hopefully they do smaller venues which means less expensive meet and greets.

Omg , It was amazing that you met them , the question about Rami in the next album was good haha.

turnaround

Great review, thanks for sharing!
And such good questions, really hope we get the unreleased songs soon.

I wonder if Rami agrees to write with them when also Max is involved? But since Emblem3 have songs by both on their album I guess it is not impossible.

Savan Kotecha, whose career I follow since Westlifes album "Turnaround" is the link between them.

btw, will you share the picture you did with them :)

And is the Dark side board a bsb fan discussion board?
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Thanks Khan! up until now I actually thought you must secretly be one of the BSB's best friends to know so much about them!

you asked great questions, and good that Brian confirmed Max's price of $250k per song.

great idea to have a fan funded album, I would contribute.

great suggestion for them to work with Rami again.

Joshua

Yeah thanks, that was brilliant. Were AJ & Nick looking at Howie with a funny look as if to say "who is this guy"? Haha. Such great questions though, just the stuff we want to know about but never get to ask.

Khan9898

Quote from: Joshua on August 16, 2013, 03:19:06 PM
Yeah thanks, that was brilliant. Were AJ & Nick looking at Howie with a funny look as if to say "who is this guy"? Haha. Such great questions though, just the stuff we want to know about but never get to ask.

I think they looked at Howie cause he's best friend's with Rami lol

Joshua

Quote from: Khan9898 on August 16, 2013, 04:13:43 PM
I think they looked at Howie cause he's best friend's with Rami lol

He is? Never knew that!

j.fco.morales

Man, thank you for all the information! I always wanted to know about the money, haha.

And congratulations to you for the chance to meet them :)

Joshua

"In A World Like This", the album, has entered the top 50 in Australia at #30. About the same outcome as "This Is Us". I wouldn't expect it to get any higher than that, but it's better than last weeks #73 at least.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Khan9898

Quote from: Joshua on August 16, 2013, 07:03:20 PM
He is? Never knew that!

Howie and Rami have been bestie's for a long time, he even attended Howie's wedding.

Khan9898

Not sure if people will be able to see this but I uploaded a pic from being on stage during the acoustic set on Facebook. One of the old Cheiron guys, Herbie shared it himself!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153110217755322&set=a.10150210588180322.441609.506830321&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rebecca

Khan, would you please upload your photo again? the link doesn't work and I'd love to see the pic, thanks

B Steady

just noticed that the single entered the german top 100 on #100 ;D
Vila i frid Dag