• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ariana Grande - working with Max Martin and Rami Yacoub

Started by turnaround, January 27, 2014, 08:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Krommer

At first I didn't like it, but the chorus got stucked on my head

J_A24

Rebecca

I love it! it hooked me right away, so catchy!

I agree that it could be anyone singing it, Ariana's voice is not as distinctive on this as in Problem, but she still sounds great.

Feelgoodlies

It sounds more of a Zedd thingy rather than a Max one!

AlexanderLaBrea

Yes AND no wouldn't you say? I mean, we knew that the production would be Zedd from the start as it's a Zedd feature, but the melodies and overall vocal arrangement are typical Max in every way I'd say.

j.fco.morales

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 03, 2014, 11:17:15 PM
I didn't understand the joke, hahaha

It's how she runs the words like Christina Aguilera in that part. She has a good voice, but she has too many gimmicks in her repertoire.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: J_A24 on July 04, 2014, 12:55:47 AM
It's how she runs the words like Christina Aguilera in that part. She has a good voice, but she has too many gimmicks in her repertoire.

Yes, true. But I love her doing some Mariah esque stuff... because Mariah herself can't do it anymore.

Her whistle register and her soft low register -like whispers- are heavily influenced by Mariah post Daydream but her higher chest voice it's way thinner than Mariah's.

I'd love to hear something more 90's instead of EDM, like Mariah's Fantasy but current sounding.
Or even something like these Evelyn Champagne King rip offs that Pharrell Williams produced for Jennifer Hudson's new album.

I'm scared of the album based on this song with Zedd.

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 04, 2014, 01:40:02 AM
Yes, true. But I love her doing some Mariah esque stuff... because Mariah herself can't do it anymore.

Her whistle register and her soft low register -like whispers- are heavily influenced by Mariah post Daydream but her higher chest voice it's way thinner than Mariah's.

I'd love to hear something more 90's instead of EDM, like Mariah's Fantasy but current sounding.
Or even something like these Evelyn Champagne King rip offs that Pharrell Williams produced for Jennifer Hudson's new album.

I'm scared of the album based on this song with Zedd.

I think the album is shaping up to sound more urban than anyting else, I can see this song being the only EDM record in the album.

j.fco.morales

Jules

When I just first listenend in to "Break Free" all I could hear was "Beauty And A Beast" with a female voice. lol

gm33

I LOVE this song! I really hope the whole album sounds similar to this.

I also am really liking the the two Max/Zedd collaborations we've had so far (BATB being the other).
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

turnaround

#1 in the UK too and the first artist to be #1 also including streams.
And I liked it..