• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

joan (Duo) (Songs with Ali Payami, Carl Falk)

Started by nanofives, July 16, 2020, 06:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

I've discovered these guys by accident, they made 3 songs with Ali Payami and Carl Falk last year and I love them:
[spotify]spotify:track:4VA9yqBTQjjAZL4fQhlK9M[/spotify][spotify]spotify:track:6y61eevPDgUaTX0KAnAOGh[/spotify][spotify]spotify:track:75ZKw8JLaFsYr51J44fQ4N[/spotify]

They've released new music this year without the swedes but they still have a catchy sound.
This song in particular I found big cheiron vibes in the bass and drums:

[spotify]spotify:track:1EToE0PjapVjAxj0WYNYkS[/spotify]

melodicmoonlight

Someone in another thread was going on about the death of melody... this band is a prime example that melody is alive and well  8)

Helluvafella

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on July 01, 2021, 12:05:11 PM
Someone in another thread was going on about the death of melody... this band is a prime example that melody is alive and well  8)

That was me haha

I didn't say melody is dead, but music as well as melodies are getting simpler and simpler. That's a fact you can't deny. You can basically compare any cheiron song to the stuff that gets released nowadays and you will see that the stuff back than was really complex and elaborate compared to stuff nowadays.

How many songs do you hear nowadays with more than 4 chord? Not many.  80% of the mainstream music consists of a 4 chord loop that gets repeated over and over again. Super simple stuff.

Now look at ,,tearin up my heart"

F             C
I am down on my knees
        Dm7        E
I can't take it anymore
                   F                   G
It's tearing up my heart when I'm with you
                 Am              G
But when we are apart, I feel it too

What you're seeing here is something I haven't seen in decades. The chords go from C to dm to E to F to G to am .... Holy moly! Super complex stuff!! And the best part: it sounds beautiful as well!

How many songs do you hear nowadays that have more than 3 or 4 chords?  Not many. How many songs have key changes? Not many. How many songs have modulations on the last chorus? I haven't heard one in 10 years.

I'm all for good melodies and well crafted songs. But honestly man, I hear so much garbage nowadays it's crazy. I wish more artists would sound like Joan though

j.fco.morales

Well man, I think you need to listen to other types of music instead of what you're listening.

'Cause there's A LOT of music and if you don't know it, it's not other's people's fault.

bugmenot

I've been looking for all charting songs for years, let's say a decade, and prove you wrong — for every bubblegum song that uses 2 chords there is a bubblegum song that uses 6.
I can't say that the amount of chords used improve the appeal or artistic value of a pop song by default.

melodicmoonlight

I agree w/both getaway and bugmenot. I think a really basic & simple pop song with 2-3 chords can be boring dependent on what the producer does with it. Because it could be super concise and a total earworm based on the repetitiveness.