• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter

Started by nanofives, May 18, 2016, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

A new song called "Heart to break" appeared on ASCAP
Only Julia and Joshua are credited, this could be either a demo for someone or Julia's next single, it's an interesting mix, I hope it could get released at some time.

EDIT: Also saw a few songs with The Struts too, all of them without Justin Tranter (just to note).
EDIT2: It's better if we keep these two in the same thread.

j.fco.morales

PaulMcCartney

turnaround

Her single "Issues" is now about to be released.

Julia Michaels, justin tranter, Benjamin Levin, Tor Erik Hermansen & Mikkel Storleer Eriksen
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

nanofives

Well, I was expecting something more upbeat for a debut single, but it's not bad, maybe in three listens from now it would get stuck in my head.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on January 13, 2017, 12:27:41 AM
Selena sounds great on this

First thing I thought when I heard it the first time: this is from the sessions for Selena's Revival.
Same Old Love has the same vibe.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: bugmenot on January 15, 2017, 10:29:14 AM
Comparing to what Zedd did with Julia's weak thin voice, Stargate and Benny Blanco are sucks in vocal production.

i think they were working off demo vocals. they do seem thin - a big difference from the fullness she had on Daisy. which is surprising because Benny isn't known for bad vocal production. maybe Stargate had more a hand in that department, who knows. but Issues is still a catchy, minimalist pop song.

turnaround

Issues really works for me. Nice track.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I didn't know where to post this, I guess to post it here is OK: http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/being-an-artist-sucks-im-just-going-to-be-honest/

Justin Tranter speaks about the industry.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on January 25, 2017, 02:08:36 AM
I didn't know where to post this, I guess to post it here is OK: http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/being-an-artist-sucks-im-just-going-to-be-honest/

Justin Tranter speaks about the industry.
It's a good, provocative article, and I'm sure a lot of what he's saying is true, especially about bring an artist, but when he singles out  the groundbreaking songwriters as being (he literally said "they're ALL either women, black or gay" and "in the HISTORY of the business" and " the ones who really left a huge mark" -- and there are many great songwriters in that category, no doubt about it--  but he leaves out.........The Beatles? Bob Dylan?  Brian Wilson? He's putting Linda Perry and Julia Michaels on that level??? This is PC insanity.

nanofives

"When you see most sessions are just a bunch of white, straight dudes, you realise, wow, this industry still has a long way to go..."
I'm confused, please someone explain me because I don't get if the point it's the amusing amount of minorities dominating the business? Or the exact opposite?
What about this generation of White straight males songwriters/producers who did left a mark like Dr Luke or Ryan Tedder?

georg_e

Pretty diverse writing session right here :-D https://youtu.be/OX9ygy-V-8w