• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tano87

bugmenot

Some big Pebe tear-jerking interview on Billboard. About absolutely nothing: mother instincts on intention of Devil to destroy a happy family, why Katy Perry don't want to be a friend of a famous Kesha, and illogical demonizing the POOOOWER of pop-producer.

Her attacking on concept of a record contracts (she said word "owns" multiply times) makes her look like such an irresponsible hippie. Who she really is.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/6980931/kesha-dr-luke-battle-inside-story-mom-pebe-sebert-interview-exclusive

Quote(A Sony representative tells Billboard that, following an internal ­investigation, they found no evidence to support Kesha's allegations of sexual abuse.)

She was a prisoner. Luke would say, 'You look nice today,' and send her into ­hysterics of happiness because she was programmed to expect nothing but abuse.

I wanted Kesha to come forward a long time ago and end this relationship with Dr. Luke immediately after the [alleged] rape, But if she wanted to have a shot at the music business, she had no choice but [to work with him].

On Oct. 5, 2005, Kesha and Dr. Luke attended a birthday party for Nicky Hilton. According to Kesha's 2014 lawsuit, Luke raped her after giving her what he called "sober pills". This, the suit alleges, is what allowed him to "bring [her] back to his hotel room alone and rape her while she was unconscious." The ­documents don't specify a date.
By midafternoon the day after the party, Pebe had grown concerned after ­calling Kesha multiple times and getting no response. (On an average day, Pebe says, the two spoke by phone every six to eight hours.) Finally, her mother maintains, Kesha returned her call, saying she had woken up naked in what she believed was Dr. Luke's hotel room. "Mom, I don't know where I am. I think we had sex. I'm sore and sick. I don't know where my clothes are. I think I need to go to the hospital."
Pebe says that a friend of Kesha's picked Kesha up and drove her back to her ­apartment. (Kesha never went to the hospital.)
"At some point over the ­following few days I called my best friend and pored over the details," Kesha recalls in the 2015 affidavit. "I had only had a few drinks but after I had taken this 'sober pill' I blacked out." Says Pebe: "Looking back, I don't know why we didn't go to the police. Kesha told me not to do anything. She said, 'Mom, I just want to sing. I don't want to be a rape-case victim. I just want to get my music out.' I didn't follow my instincts."

Luke and Max Martin met Kesha and Pebe for lunch to discuss who should become Kesha's manager. She wanted to sign with David Sonenberg, Luke wanted Larry Rudolph. Kesha wound up in tears after Luke grew frustrated, slammed his fork down and lectured them on his authority over her management. The two walked out of the restaurant and didn't communicate with Luke again for two years.

Kesha would tell me she was going to take her car to Mulholland and drive off the cliff. She was a little dramatic, but I never knew for sure.

"Dr. Luke just called me and I have 24 hours to fire my lawyer and my ­managers and go back with him. Anytime I get a contract, Dr. Luke is going to come ­forward and basically say he owns me. What do I do?"

In late 2008 or early 2009, Dr. Luke flew with Kesha to New York
"I do remember her calling me from the plane telling me that she was so drunk, and [how] Dr. Luke came over and started making out with her and was all over her," says Pebe. "She told me she felt terrible and was trying to get away from him and then vomited."

Pebe also claims that Dr. Luke ­interfered with her personal and professional ­relationship with her daughter while Kesha was recording her debut album, Animal. He refused to let Pebe work on the music, even though he had promised he would.

A former Jive executive says Luke "has a massive ego" and is known to be ­"difficult" to work with. One top music manager who has known Luke for more than 20 years, and whose roster includes best-selling pop and rock acts who have worked with him, says, "Luke is a terrible person. He's very talented, obviously -- he's a guitar player interested in pop beats -- but he's ­diabolical. No one likes dealing with the guy. He'll do anything to f-- over everyone. This thing with Kesha is a perfect example. He could have let her out of the deal a year ago -- her career was already on its downside -- but he's such an asshole he just wouldn't do it."

Veteran publicist Elizabeth Freund has known Luke (who is not her client) since he was 11 years old, when she was his sister's camp counselor. "There's not one speck of doubt in my mind that he didn't commit these allegations. He's a loving father and an incredibly generous family member. I've seen really good ­relationships with the people he has worked with for years. He's strong, kind and a loving and utterly good man.

With Kesha's success: "This is when Luke started getting really hateful," Pebe says. "He saw her as a cash cow and started manipulating her all the time. She thought all her dreams were finally coming true, but this was just a f--ing trip to hell. He said she wasn't fit enough. On one song Luke wanted her to sing a lyric that included the phrase "some fat bitches in the bar."
Pebe says Luke "physically backed Kesha into a corner, where she was curled up in a ball, crying and fearing for her life" shaking his fist and screaming at her, after Kesha refused to sing the "fat bitches" lyric. Kesha climbed up nearby mountains and hid so he wouldn't be able to find her, then, says Pebe, called her manager to come pick her up.

Pebe says that Luke constantly criticized Kesha, saying things like, "Katy Perry is so much better than you. You're not a good writer," Kesha and Perry were once close friends, "before they both got famous," says Pebe.

"I really believe that the further this thing got with Dr. Luke, the less control she had and the worse her bulimia got, because it was the only thing [that gave her] control."

Kesha "was genuinely scared," says Pebe, and would sometimes hire security to sit in the ­driveway of her Nashville house. "Luke almost destroyed us," says Pebe. "And he has done it intentionally."

Dr. Luke basically owns Kesha until her death. He doesn't have to give her any money and is under no time constraints. She can't legally put any new music out, or he can and will sue her.

Wolf Cousin

J_A24

bugmenot

Kesha Appeals Court Ruling Forcing Her to Keep Sony Contract

Mark Geragos says in official lawsuit (the one, who twitted Dr. Luke raped Lady Gaga)

Quoteslavery was done away with a long time ago' and that 'you can't force someone to work ... in a situation in which they don't want to work

It looks like Kesha's attorney wants to earn more money with obviously losing lawsuit.

j.fco.morales

It's not about the money, I think.

It's about working under inadequate circumstances.
Basically, working with someone you don't get along with.

JamesSongwriter

Shocked at the anti-Kesha comments in this thread.

You can respect and love Luke's work and music without ignoring the fact that he had a toxic relationship with Kesha and she shouldn't be held prisoner to his label when they can't work together and he won't let her release music.

I don't know if the rape happened or not, but some people in this thread have said some pretty dodgy things. No one knows what really happened apart from Kesha and Luke, so no one should be making assumptions about it.

Plus, it's quite telling that Max has had nothing to do with Luke since Katy Perry's last project, even producing several songs on there without him.

Wolf Cousin

Quote from: JamesSongwriter on March 30, 2016, 01:34:40 AM
she shouldn't be held prisoner to his label when they can't work together and he won't let her release music.

It's pretty clear he didn't rape her. She even swore under oath it didn't happen. Everything points against her. So destroying someones life like the way she is doing is a horrible thing to do. I wouldn't ''release'' her in a thousand years if I was Luke.  Not until she publicly apologizes and takes back everything she said.

JamesSongwriter

Quote from: Wolf Cousin on March 31, 2016, 11:37:44 AM
It's pretty clear he didn't rape her. She even swore under oath it didn't happen. Everything points against her. So destroying someones life like the way she is doing is a horrible thing to do. I wouldn't ''release'' her in a thousand years if I was Luke.  Not until she publicly apologizes and takes back everything she said.

It's pretty clear? Before making assumptions, maybe read through this journalist's investigation (via Tweet) on the situation. Press 'show more' to see the rest.

https://twitter.com/kelleylocke/status/701893071940755457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

This alleged rape happened a LONG time ago, in 2006-7. She tried to get out of his contract back then but when it became clear he was never going to let her go, she decided to work with him as she knew it was her only shot at success.

I am not saying she was raped or she wasn't raped - I can't and neither can you. Because the rape trial hasn't even started yet. But it is completely inhumane and ridiculous to keep an artist shackled to someone who they obviously seriously don't get along with. Luke was refusing to ever let her release any music - is that fair?

Voodoo

The contractual stuff is BUSINESS PEOPLE!!! And it's frickin' politics.

Put yourself in Dr Luke's... or the Label's shoes: an artist you invested in (Ke$ha) wants to leave your label, but she still needs to make you some money back by releasing a few more albums. Let her go... and what kind of example are you setting for the other artists and artists in the industry in general? What if Becky G now wants to leave the label... does she just get to up and go too? What about all the lost money and invested money to promote a global pop-superstar? When do they recoup that money? And why would the label get rid of an artist NOW... that is in the public eye so much? Kesha could release a fart right now and it will probably be a hit because of all her media coverage. The label won't want to let that go!!!

I beleive in occams razor: the simpler solution is often the right one.

Do you think Kesha got signed to a label, was making hits, appearing happy, touring, bringing her family on-board (even though the knew Luke was toxic?), making more hits, making a TV show, writing a book, all the while she was verbally and mentally abused, date-raped, pushed around and bossed around and felt completely controlled by Luke.

Or... the simpler solution...

She no longer wanted to play the "dumb" pop-star role she was in and wanted out of it, and would do or say anything to get out of it?

JamesSongwriter

Quote from: Voodoo on April 01, 2016, 07:07:06 AM
The contractual stuff is BUSINESS PEOPLE!!! And it's frickin' politics.

Put yourself in Dr Luke's... or the Label's shoes: an artist you invested in (Ke$ha) wants to leave your label, but she still needs to make you some money back by releasing a few more albums. Let her go... and what kind of example are you setting for the other artists and artists in the industry in general? What if Becky G now wants to leave the label... does she just get to up and go too? What about all the lost money and invested money to promote a global pop-superstar? When do they recoup that money? And why would the label get rid of an artist NOW... that is in the public eye so much? Kesha could release a fart right now and it will probably be a hit because of all her media coverage. The label won't want to let that go!!!

I beleive in occams razor: the simpler solution is often the right one.

Do you think Kesha got signed to a label, was making hits, appearing happy, touring, bringing her family on-board (even though the knew Luke was toxic?), making more hits, making a TV show, writing a book, all the while she was verbally and mentally abused, date-raped, pushed around and bossed around and felt completely controlled by Luke.

Or... the simpler solution...

She no longer wanted to play the "dumb" pop-star role she was in and wanted out of it, and would do or say anything to get out of it?

The second part of your post is complete supposition because we don't know. The music industry is a lot darker than we think, it'd be naive to blindly swallow the tidbits of information that get leaked to the showbiz press.

In my opinion, making music is very personal and collaborative and to force Luke and Kesha to work together after such a relationship deterioration is not fair. Her argument is that the contract she signed has been violated. If the issue really is money related (Kesha is Kemosabe's only true successful artist), Sony should step in and move Kesha out of the imprint to work with other producers whilst still paying Kemosabe their share in her success (although if this mistreatment of an artist is true, you could argue they don't deserve a cent). It's a tough one.

j.fco.morales