• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Song Of The Year 2012

Started by Joshua, February 12, 2013, 07:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Should we vote on the best Cheiron related song from last year, as we did with 2011? Though I think we only voted on Max tracks last time.

Axel

Joshua

HAHAHA, brilliant! I guess a lot of people the world over would agree. Whatever made it so popular went completely over my head. Was it the dance?

You were actually joking, weren't you? ???

Axel

hi Josh! (yeah I'm still alive, will reply to your email tonight) :-)

I have to say that Gangnam Style hit a nerve. While it may not be genius from a songwriting perspective, it somehow is nevertheless. Of course the attraction was the language no one understood, plus a completely wicked video. Both combined generated a "hey, you gotta see this"-phenomenon that no one could resist.

To me it was the song that stood out in 2012. That and "Call me maybe", which I still love to this day. Carly Rae Jepsen's song managed to never go on my nerves.

Song of the year 2011 was Moves Like Jagger in my book.

B Steady

What exactly does Cheiron related mean?

I think GANGNAM STYLE and CALL ME MAYBE aren't Cheiron related anyways haha!
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Best song of 2012 ?  : Titanium of David guetta and We are young of Fun were EPIC.

Gangnam style was very funny.

B Steady

seems like y'all didn't read the first post  :o

however ... my favorite song 2012 is Beauty and a Beat and therefore, it's cheiron related :)
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Related cheiron : Stronger of Kelly , and Domino By Jessie J.

B Steady

Quote from: Raul_esp on February 13, 2013, 01:36:14 AM

Actually two 2011 songs :P
But great songs anyways! :)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Oh, yeah... I meant any writers connected to Cheiron in some way. I guess that includes Luke too. But I'm sure we only voted on Max's songs last time. I think Rebecca came up with the list of releases to pick from, so she'll know. I'm not sure whether we include tracks made last year but released this year as singles (like "C'mon" by Ke$ha).

I totally get the popularity of novelty songs like "Gangnam Style", it's the K-Pop equivalent of "Macarena". I just didn't really get whatever the joke was this time around. Is it that the song's so bad it's good, or is it all down to the dance and the viral video?

Seeings everyone's talking about all songs released last year, I might as well throw mine in. I really loved "Look Back" by Tone Damli. It has a classic Scandinavian chorus with a haunting melody that I'm yet to grow tired of. The production wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but the strength of that chorus alone is enough for me.

Rebecca

My favourite song for 2012 was Justin Beiber's "Beauty and a Beat" and also Katy Perry's "Wide Awake".

Alex Martin

Raul_esp

Quote from: Joshua on February 13, 2013, 03:33:47 AM
Oh, yeah... I meant any writers connected to Cheiron in some way. I guess that includes Luke too. But I'm sure we only voted on Max's songs last time. I think Rebecca came up with the list of releases to pick from, so she'll know. I'm not sure whether we include tracks made last year but released this year as singles (like "C'mon" by Ke$ha).

I totally get the popularity of novelty songs like "Gangnam Style", it's the K-Pop equivalent of "Macarena". I just didn't really get whatever the joke was this time around. Is it that the song's so bad it's good, or is it all down to the dance and the viral video?

Seeings everyone's talking about all songs released last year, I might as well throw mine in. I really loved "Look Back" by Tone Damli. It has a classic Scandinavian chorus with a haunting melody that I'm yet to grow tired of. The production wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but the strength of that chorus alone is enough for me.

I thought the same about The gangnam style , The K-pop Mcarena  ;D

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on February 13, 2013, 02:06:17 AM
Quote from: Raul_esp on February 13, 2013, 01:36:14 AM

Actually two 2011 songs :P
But great songs anyways! :)

Yeah but were hit in 2012 in Spain.

georg_e

"Wide Awake" for me.....