• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry's New Album - Out in 2016

Started by RoyFan, December 12, 2015, 01:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyFan

Now don't get too  excited - all I read was that it's out in 2016 - Possibly March If I remember?

But the BIG QUESTION - Is this gonna have Luke's and Max's imprints all over it like the last 2?

Especially since I've heard (from an insider) that the 2 don't work together too much anymore -
How ironic it will be if all that is false, and there's like 5 hits on it written by the 2 together..

j.fco.morales

I'm not sure. Luke has a contract to work with Sony's roster... but I don't know the details about it.

She seems to be working with lots of other collaborators. But if she feels like she needs to go back to her roots, she probably will.

melodicmoonlight

bugmenot

Rebecca

Thank you, that Sia interview is fascinating.

I thought that Katy Perry was going to work with Andreas Carlsson, Desmond Child and Dallas Austin?

I would love her to work with Max/Luke again.

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: bugmenot on December 12, 2015, 06:56:22 PM
I just googled Katy's new album and find a very insightful Sia's interview
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/sias-reject-opus-songwriter-on-reclaiming-adele-rihannas-unwanted-hits-20151203
She writes 20-30 songs per week
I also enjoyed the reading, thanks.
She said she got 20-30 tracks per week to topline, it doesn't mean she writes 30 songs every week.
I'd personally love to hear some Max/Luke songs on a new KP album but honestly, after those 13/14 singles they made together she could try something new.

RoyFan

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on December 19, 2015, 11:19:22 AM
I'd personally love to hear some Max/Luke songs on a new KP album but honestly, after those 13/14 singles they made together she could try something new.

Greg Wells and her have written songs that I think are at least as good as the Max/Luke stuff - particularly "Grace Of God"
so I'm sure he'll be on there

Though he doesn't seem to be as prolific as M/L

Assuming Dallas Austin still has it, and if she can adjust her topline style to his style of music they might make some dope friend songs together.  The songs he wrote for Pink I think are at least as good as Luke/Max pink songs. 

But his sound is definitely edgier - not as "Clean" pop as her last 2 - so it's a big if, if they can gel together

RoyFan

Quote from: RoyFan on December 19, 2015, 05:10:37 PM

Assuming Dallas Austin still has it, and if she can adjust her topline style to his style of music they might make some dope friend songs together. 

Ooooops meant to write "dope friend songs together"

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: RoyFan on December 19, 2015, 05:10:37 PM

Assuming Dallas Austin still has it
Is he even active now? "Just like a pill" he made with Pink was pure, pop perfection.

RoyFan

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on December 19, 2015, 06:54:32 PM
Is he even active now? "Just like a pill" he made with Pink was pure, pop perfection.

That, and back even further he wrote "Creep" for TLC.   Which blew my mind.  The sound was really different and less formulaic than other pop, but it was still catchy.
Yea I also think he's more of a reality TV star now, but someone mentioned that they'd heard she might be working with him here in the thread.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on December 19, 2015, 06:54:32 PM

He is. He wrote with Carly Rae Jepsen, Cris Cab, Monica lately.
He doesn't have a hit since 10 years.