• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

RIP SNL Announcer Don Pardo

Started by georg_e, August 19, 2014, 05:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

So sorry to hear this.....Dr. Luke tweeted about it (he's in the photo with his guitar at left)

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/18/don-pardo-dead-legendary-snl-announcer-dies-at-96/

Rebecca

sorry to bring up an old thread and sad about Don Pardo, but great to see Dr Luke in that photo, I wouldn' have noticed.

georg_e

Quote from: Rebecca on September 24, 2014, 12:38:38 PM
sorry to bring up an old thread and sad about Don Pardo, but great to see Dr Luke in that photo, I wouldn' have noticed.
Yes....when that pic was taken, they had the guitarist front/left on stage......later (and today), the guitarist sits in the back of the band, on the right.

True trivia facts....around 2006, I saw Dr. Luke play BANJO in an opening monologue musical number  :-)    Also, when they go to commercial break, the band has a little snatch of music...just a few seconds.......prob around Christmastime 2006 I heard Luke play a note-perfect guitar part of the famous guitar intro on the  '50's Xmas hit "Jingle Bell Rock":   he nailed it!!

Rebecca

I bet Dr Luke nailed that guitar intro!
That must have been fantastic to see Dr Luke on SNL back then.