• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin - Musical "& Juliet"

Started by turnaround, August 01, 2018, 03:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Wow wow wow!

https://twitter.com/StuartBCasting/status/1024372458944643073

After Andreas, now also Max is doing musical business.
And I liked it..

bugmenot

I know that he attended Hamilton

bugmenot

The name of the musical is & JULIET Her Musical

And the plot is that Juliet didn't kill herself and live her life without Romeo.
This vital new musical sees Juliet getting over Romeo by running off to Paris with Nurse and her best friends on a whirlwind trip of romance and self-discovery.

Miriam-Teak Lee is Juliet.
Songs arranged by Bill Sherman
10 September

bugmenot

bugmenot

bugmenot

Some citations from Oops! He did it again... songwriter Max Martin pens a song for & Juliet

QuoteMartin travelled from New York, where he's been producing The Weeknd's new album.

Writer David West Read came up with the plot after a meeting with Martin. 'I gave David a list of songs and said: "Try to make sense of these",' Martin recalled.

'A song you might have heard as one thing is now used in a completely different context,' the usually low-profile Martin said.

'This show is a way to make the songs come alive again,' Martin said. 'Some are 20 years old. These songs are like babies, and it's like my babies grew up and got into college.'

Martin said it had been on his mind, and his wife's, for ten years to use his songs (he kept stressing that he didn't write them alone and praised his many collaborators).

One goal was to have a strong story that held up the songs as if they were written specifically for it.

'They had to seem organic,' he told me, agreeing that he didn't want a story that went, 'then this happened, then we wrote this song'.

'I'm not a musical buff,' he added, 'but what I do love about it is the instant reaction. I spend months in the studio working on these things, and it might come out a year later.

'It's like — comparing it to sport — if you score a goal, you get the instant satisfaction. This is music in its purest form.

'You get a reaction right away and there's something primal about that. I'm realising what a powerful art form the musical is.'

'And they show up on time. I'm not used to that!' Martin told me, observing that when recording an album, rockers don't always hold punctuality in high esteem.

turnaround

I am a bit disappointed that Max is popping a snus
And I liked it..

AlexanderLaBrea

turnaround

And I liked it..

B Steady

I'm bothered about the musical title and every interpretation on the record. The originals are just too good. Sorry for being so narrow-minded.
Vila i frid Dag

bugmenot