web counter
Coldplay - Orphans (Max?)

Author Topic: Coldplay - Orphans (Max?)  (Read 110 times)

Offline nanofives

• The Real Thing
  • Fave CHEIRON producer: Max Martin
  • Fave CHEIRON song: Celine Dion - That's the way it is
  • Fave CHEIRON writer: Rami Yacoub
Coldplay - Orphans (Max?)
« on: November 06, 2019, 02:05:21 PM »
Max is credited as a Programmer, Co-Producer and Keyboards on Coldplay's new song according to Tidal.

Quite hard to believe in my opinion since there's no news related to it and it just doesn't sound like Max.

Offline Snipes3000

• Fave CHEIRON producer: Denniz Pop
  • Fave CHEIRON song: Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
  • Fave CHEIRON writer: Max Martin
Re: Coldplay - Orphans (Max?)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 02:21:58 PM »
My first thought on this was that somebody got confused by C. Martin and M. Martin. What I heard C. Martin say is that he is always responsible for keyboards on the Coldplay tracks. He felt bad that he didn't do the keyboard on the Sky Full Of Stars (keyboard was done by Avicii).

Offline nanofives

• The Real Thing
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »
My first thought on this was that somebody got confused by C. Martin and M. Martin. What I heard C. Martin say is that he is always responsible for keyboards on the Coldplay tracks. He felt bad that he didn't do the keyboard on the Sky Full Of Stars (keyboard was done by Avicii).

I always take into consideration that someone could make a typo while entering a name in the credits. I saw a few times changes in the writing credits as time goes on due to mistakes. Also, the song is written by someone named Moses Martin, it could easily be mistaken by Max Martin if its written as "M. Martin".

EDIT: Moses Martin is the son of Chris Martin and he's 13 so... hard time believing he did the programming and co-producing, It's also hard to believe if the typo leads to C. Martin since Chris was never credited as a co-producer and a programming in any of his previous albums.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 02:43:51 PM by nanofives »

Offline AlexanderLaBrea

• Brand New
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:58:11 PM »
Feels pretty plausible that it's Moses Martin and someone thought M. Martin must mean Max Martin. Chris' son was part of the writing but it's just weird that wikipedia lists Max on the keyboards, but Moses "wrote" the drum pattern so it must be that.

Offline j.fco.morales

• True Believer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 09:29:43 PM »
Well, the 12yo kid could have an idea and other people made it happen but they gave him proper credit.
Plus, it's candy for the press.

Offline AlexanderLaBrea

• Brand New
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 10:55:50 PM »
Exactly! The original voice memo for the song is played in the music video where he gives the suggestion for a drum beat.

Offline nanofives

• The Real Thing
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 04:10:20 AM »
Of course it could be... It easily explains the co writer credit, but what about keyboards, co production and programming? Those roles go way beyond having an idea for the drum pattern.

There's also credits for percussion and drums (yes, separated) and Moses is not there, can you see the point? The puzzle doesn't fit. Maybe I shouldn't read too much into this, but I refuse to come to the conclusion that Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz credits turned out to be unreliable.

Offline j.fco.morales

• True Believer
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 03:47:09 PM »
Exactly! The original voice memo for the song is played in the music video where he gives the suggestion for a drum beat.

Almost 34 millions views in just a week.

Well, I guess we'll know when they start doing press for the album but honestly I don't think there's a Max involvement.
I noticed Aluna Francis in the gang vocals and Federico Vindver at additional production. He's from Argentina, Mariano!

https://genius.com/Coldplay-orphans-lyrics
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 04:15:09 PM by j.fco.morales »

Offline AlexanderLaBrea

• Brand New
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 02:12:50 PM »
Yeah I doubt it as well, seems unlikely that Max would just stumble in to a Coldplay session and just lay down some keyboards and stuff. I've seen Max credited as a co-writer some places also which makes it plausible that everything is just supposed to be Moses.